Go big or go home. Right? Call me a dreamer, but someone needs to invent a way to TELEPORT (aka: apparate.)
- “Harry felt Dumbledore‘s arm twist away from him and re-doubled his grip: the next thing he knew everything went black; he was pressed very hard from all directions; he could not breathe, there were iron bands tightening around his chest; his eyeballs were being forced back into his head; his ear-drums were being pushed deeper into his skull.“
- —Harry Potter‘s first experience with Apparition.
Apparition is a magical method of transportation and is basically the magical action of traveling by having the user focus on a desired location in their mind, then disappear from their current location and instantly reappear at the desired location; in short, it is a form of teleportation.
It would save so much money and be so much safer! We wouldn’t have to worry about cars and planes crashing…we wouldn’t have to worry about wasting our life savings to go visit Europe. We wouldn’t have to drop off and pick up our kids at all zillion of their activities! People who needed to get to the ER immediately would make it in time! Not to mention the INSANE convenience factor. (AHH, I get giddy just thinking about it! NO MORE CARSEATS!)
I understand, you’re probably thinking:
1. Creepers. Don’t think I need to expand on this one.
2. Stealers. people would teleport into venues/bank vaults/back of stores/ etc.
3. ER’s would be packed with people.
4. Jobs lost. HELLO, Liv, Bus drivers? Pilots? TSA people? Cab drivers? (okay, okay, I’ll try to come up with a solution!)
This is what I’m thinking.
There would be “Teleportation Stations” that you traveled to and from AND IT WOULD ONLY WORK if your trip fell under the jurisdiction of two important rules:
1. Nothing illegal.
2. Nothing immoral. (Subjectivity, schmujectivity).
Everyone working in the transportation industry would just switch jobs into the teleportation industry…or maybe get unemployment for the rest of forever since govt money is free, right?! Maybe you would still have to pay to teleport, depending on how far you were going…(think minimal amounts of money…while we’re at it =). There would be teleportation designers, companies, security, pilots, attendants, etc! As an added plus: obesity would be eliminated because you would still have to walk a lot like they do in Europe and obviously, crime would be eliminated too. See rule #1.
Yeah. It would be sweet. Totally foolproof. Just dream with me for a few minutes would you?!
(except the station needs to be big enough to take a double stroller/wheelchair)
My other inventions are less fantasy and more reality…but seriously, how awesome would it be? I thought I would put this idea out there first so the overachievers reading could get to work on it ASAP. You will be rich!