I start my training for a new job at 11am tomorrow.
Why:Because I want to have fun! I need to get out of the house and enjoy this season of life before babies 🙂
How: The Lord made a way! Just when I thought I had exhausted all coffee shop options and moved onto a plan B, I got a call from Karen, the owner of Dewey’s (pictured above) and she offered me a job! When I first applied, Dewey’s was ONLY hiring someone who could work evenings as well as lunches, which I can’t because of my Holy Yoga schedule and, well, my marriage…
Just when I was about to take a job at Chick-Fil-A, I got this unexpected wonderful phone call! Karen said I could come in the following day and get my training schedule! Woo Hoo!!
Have we learned yet that our Lord provides? Well, we are learning slowly but surely.
Phil 4:19 “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (ESV)
8 SUPER Great things about this job:
1) Dewey’s has loose leaf tea. My ultimate favorite.
2) Dewey’s has AMAZING FOOD. SERIOUSLY, amazing food. My fav is the cranberry oatmeal cookies, second fav is the pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, and when I need something heartier…the soups and sandwiches are flipping awesome.
This is the soup schedule:
Monday – Roasted Red Pepper
Tuesday – Corn Chowder
Wednesday – Potato Bacon
Thursday – Bean & Ham
Friday – Chicken Enchilada
Saturday – Chicken Enchilada
3) Dewey’s is closed on Sundays! I love places that take a Sabbath. Beautiful.
4) My hours are absolutely perfect. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursadays 11-3 and Fridays 11-5! Come visit me!
5) Did I mention it’s connected to the Bettendorf LIBRARY?! Talk about a writer’s inspiration. 🙂
6) I will be working with some really cool people, one friend in particular that I have always wanted to know better! Her name is Julia and she is great.
7) I get to wear cool aprons. Every girl’s dream.
8) 50% off of drinks? I tink so.
Come read some free books and visit me! I’ll make you a yummy fall drink. Promise.
PS. It’s Karen’s Birthday today! *(I just realized this!) Happy Birthday to my new boss!