If you have never had a pedicure before, you are MISSING OUT. This is why you should go get one:
1. You get to sit in massag-y chairs. Even though they vibrate your whole body and you look kinda weird, it feels amazing and you’re getting a 2-for-1 deal. Massages are expensive.
2. You can seriously zone out and just chill, especially because the nail tech’s are having convos with their friends in another lanugage. Maybe they’re talking about my hairy legs, maybe not. I don’t know, and I don’t care. No mess, no mistakes, just chill and let someone else do the work.
3. I found a place that does “free” nail art. (It’s included with the price, is what I mean by free.) It’s pretty sweet, cuz I can paint my nails at home, but the little artistic and sparkely flower just takes my toes to the next level.
4. They clip your cuticles. This is something that I’ve tried before, and never care to try again. I feel clean and good knowing that my cuticles are cut. It seems like good hygiene.
5. As a runner, well…as a human, I guess, I get these protective growths that are commonly referred to as calluses. Protection schma-tection. They’re hard and (similar to cuticles) gross to take off yourself. Pedi people scrub them off with pumice stones and sometimes a crazy tool that tickles but gets your calluses off. I like having soft feet. It feels feminine.
6. You can BYOB, bring your own beverages. In the past, I have brought my coffee, my diet Dr. Pepper, and my Mike’s Hard Lemonade. Ok jk about the last one. That’s not my style, but I’m sure they wouldn’t care. These people CLEAN, MASSAGE, and DECORATE your feet. They don’t care what you’re drinking.
7. They have trashy magazines for you to flip through and catch up on stuff and people you don’t really know why you care about. If that’s not your style, you can read a delicious book. (mmm, Love reading books.) Rarely do you get to sit and have people massage you while you enjoy a novel. This is one of those rare times and places where it can happen.
8. This skit is hilarious and I think of it every time I get my pedi.
9. You can catch up with a good friend while simultaneously accomplishing something beautiful, without exerting an ounce of effort. I think yes.
10. Feet are gross. Nevertheless, the nice people massage your feet and legs for an hour. Pedicures nothing short of blissful.
Worth 30 dollars? Absolutely. If you have never gotten one before, do it. I don’t care that it’s flats and boots season. It’s like wearing cute undies. You know about it, and it makes you feel girly and good. I don’t care if you don’t like people touching your feet. You will thank me later.
Boys, pedis rock for you too.
Kevin manned up and went with me when we were in Florida last May. He would be lying if he said he didn’t love every second of it. (But don’t get a clear coat….I’m not sure why they do this, but they will probably ask, and you should say no.)